1.17.2008

Meetings

There are an infinite number of meetings in Japan. Most of them (k, all of them) are ridiculously boring and pointless. Every morning at school we have the "Morning Meeting," much like a "stand-up" or similar concept in bigger companies (iJet, I'm looking in your direction). For places that actually do things, this probably isn't such a bad idea. For us it means people talk about things that are already clearly written on the the giant chalkboard of everything that looms over the staff room.

However today was different. Let me present to you the best thing that's ever been said at a Morning Meeting. (Translated as faithfully as I can remember it)

Vice principal to the staff :
Um, so yeah. One last thing. The word came down from the Board of Education...and I don't really think this applies to us...but there's been an increase in monkey-related activity near some schools lately. Again, I don't think this applies to us here in Kanagi...but for the time being, please be careful.

LOL, monkeys

4 Comments:

Blogger Isaac said...

This post was a triumph, I'm making a note here - it made me laugh. It's hard to explain why I don't like monkeys!

11:04  
Blogger dmac said...

The monkeys are a lie.

10:23  
Blogger Serendebity said...

Yesterday, my socks had monkeys on them!
xoxo
Mom

23:54  
Blogger Kenneth Griggs said...

Monkeys carry all sorts of nasty diseases. But that doesn't change the fact that I'd love to have one as a pet.

12:46  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home