6.18.2007

Taiko

My friends Donna and Rebecca have been performing with a all-female taiko group for about half a year now. I didn't get the chance to see them until fairly recently, and sadly the show I saw may be their last.

Taiko is a sort of sychronized drumming that is very famous in Japan. There's even a taiko video game, which some of you may have seen in America. It requires a lot of practice and concentration, but the payoff is way cool.

I really have to hand it to Donna and Becca. Their taiko group is one of the better ones I've seen, and the two of them are no slouches. It's a shame they're leaving Japan so soon!

Awesome!

So cool.

Check out more pics here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mom said...

This is cool! Good for Becca and Donna!
Maybe they'll start Taiko groups when they get home.... I'm sure that you will miss them.
XOXOXO

21:25  
Anonymous Dad said...

Brings back memories of playing the Taiko game at the arcade! You kicked my butt.

09:15  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home