6.29.2007

Hubris

It seems to be the word of the hour in America. We have a president who's so prideful that he can't accept that the majority of the country completely disagrees with the way he's doing his job. His administration tells us we just have to be patient and stay the course, because they know what they're doing. This is essentially a way to say "fuck you" to each and every American citizen without having to actually go up to them and do it. We have a vice president who claims he's not part of the executive branch, and has about as much contempt for the law as any gangster rapper. We have a legistlature that keeps picking the wrong battles and giving up on the important ones, also ignoring the fact that they're the least popular in decades. I know it's pretty much business as usual for the US government, but this time, on this scale, it's so grossly irresponsible and damaging that with each passing day I find myself just wanting to bang my head against a wall rather than read the news.

Something has to give. Something has to explode. There's no way things can go on forever like this. What's going to be the powderkeg...what's going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back? What's going to finally stop everyone from just pretending that everything is okay...that everything is normal? I'm actually not sure I want to know, because at this point, with things so far gone, it's not going to be pretty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dad said...

A depression...

the country or you?

11:03  
Anonymous The GM said...

I agree 100%, and that's why I don't want to live here any more. Just take a look at the situation in Nazi Germany between the world wars. Or less extreme (because even liberals flip out if you compare anything to t3h Nazis, no matter how justified), look at Romania before their dictatorship took over. People just need to see the two lists next to each other. One of those things they use to "compare" two products on a web site, with check marks next to each bullet point. See how much it lines up.

People are always harping on at me about making a difference, and fighting for change. Well sorry, I didn't choose where I was born. It's hard to get out when you're born into the system, and you just have to roll with it, but this has just become too ridiculous, and I'm sorry but I don't want to fight. I want to live a happy life, and I don't want to worry. I don't want to be afraid of my government, and honestly I don't want them to be afraid of me. I want to feel safe without feeling compromised.

I am so done with this place.

15:44  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home