10.16.2006

Thank You Patti Smith

On the whole CBGBs thing, I'm happy to have read a quote from an old punk who actually knows what she's talking about. Of course it would be Patti Smith:

"What's going to happen to CBGBs is young kids all over the world are going to have their own clubs and they won't care about CBGBs because they're gonna have the new places and the new places are always the most important," she said.

"I don't feel nostalgic. No, I don't think so. I just feel happy. I feel all the memories of the past and the hopes for the future and all the energy of the present all at the same time." (BBC News)


Thank you Patti.

Update: Well that quote was in the article before...but now they've added a bunch of other bullshit and truncated her quote into a paraphrasing. Glad I caught it when I did.

3 Comments:

Anonymous ashley said...

Patti Smith has not yet spoken to my Punk class, which ends on Thursday, so she probably never will. No Patti, No Bowie, just a bunch of writers and the like have stopped by. Total, utter sadness.

04:45  
Anonymous isaac said...

I totally agree. I never gave two shits about CBGBs. I'm sure it was hot shit in the seventies or whenever, but all I knew was that it was a terrible place to have a concert, and there was sharp metal protruding from the floor all the fucking time.

P.S. I drew a picture tonight, and then I uploaded it to LJ.

14:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always count on Patti Smith.
-Alicia*

07:54  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home